Oil and gas industry relies on the process of drilling for oil field development. Oil and natural gas found in the earth's crust, and they must be drilled out. Natural gas remains stored in carbonates, sandstones, coal, and shale.
Wells are built on a bed of oil and generally take two to three months to be functional. Single wells productive life of 20-30 years on average. A number of sources are used for drilling horizontal, vertical, and multi-layered to the target formation.
If you are looking for an oil drilling company, then you can visit www.hornetcorp.com/.
Step-by-step overviews of the drilling process are given below:
1. The drill site is prepared for drilling. This will require a proper survey and licensing.
Image Source: Google
2. The steel pipe and other equipment inserted into the bore area
3. Freshwater aquifers are protected by cement pipes
4. Drilling Process continues until the maximum point of the earth's crust.
5. Drilling fluid is injected into the hole to crack shale. Drilling fluids contain water, some chemicals, and mud extracts.
6. Completes the cracking process in 2-5 days. Until then, other processes continue area.
7. Once the well is dug, the necessary facilities are installed and ready to function.
Once the well is built, then taken further by upstream processing and downstream processing from here.